TAX PCS Japanese Business Network (JBN) Associate - S/F 2021Associate7312090USEIB
Job Family Group
Private Company Services
Job Summary & Description
A career within Private Company services, will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps our clients design and implement personal and customised service plans that are unique to privately owned entities, entrepreneurs, and high net worth individuals. You’ll be assisting the team focus on key issues like wealth management, compliance, cash flow management, equity expansion, divestiture and exit strategies.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
An Associate’s role in providing tax services to our clients as a professional in PwC's core tax practice is to:
- Participate in all phases of tax compliance engagements, including planning, execution and completion;
- Research tax laws, rules and regulations and analyze their application to specific situations, and in turn, draft memorandums to defend decisions and/or outline solutions to those issues;
- Participate in a wide range of projects; consistently demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative;
- Demonstrate teamwork dynamics through working as a team member;
- Identify and address client needs; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrated ability to communicate (i.e., read, write, speak) with business level fluency in Japanese and English.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Taxation, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Information CyberSecurity & Accounting, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Systems Engineering & Accounting
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred Cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred Major GPA: 3.3
Client service associate positions are entry-level roles and job seekers have completed or are in the process of completing their final academic year of educational requirements.
Before starting with PwC full-time, will be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Researching and analyzing tax laws, rules and regulations, pertinent client, industry, and technical matters;
- Interacting with various levels of client and firm management through both written and verbal communications; and,
- Demonstrating self-motivation and desire to take responsibility for personal growth and career development.
Demonstrates some understanding of the technical aspects of tax compliance services, including planning, strategy and execution including general knowledge of federal and state tax laws.
As a tax technical professional, experience researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
Exposure with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.