ASR External Audit Intern - Winter/Spring 2021Intern41571WD
Job Family Group
Job Summary & Description
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
As an Intern/Trainee, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- You’ll be a part of an environment that broadens your functional training, personal and technical skills, and deepens your knowledge of client services. You’ll play an integral role supporting staff as needed for an outstanding variety of work and making contributions to the team on a daily basis.
Our Intern’s role in PwC‘s core audit services provided to clients is to:
- Support select phases of a financial statement audit;
- Support select projects; demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative while working as a team member, building solid relationships with team members;
- Proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Before starting with PwC full-time, associates must be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Information CyberSecurity & Accounting, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Systems Engineering & Accounting
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Demonstrates an interest in all aspects of auditing and the desire to pursue a career in public accounting.
Demonstrates basic knowledge of financial accounting, managerial accounting, taxation, and financial reporting systems including generally accepted accounting principles and current accounting policies and procedures.
Demonstrates some ability to research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
Demonstrates basic experience and proven abilities:
- Utilizing problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Interacting with various levels of leadership (client and/or team-based) in both written and verbal form; and,
- Self-motivating and taking responsibility for personal growth and development.
Wonder what its really like to be an intern in audit? Hear from PwC people doing it right now! https://youtu.be/QwbTCA50d_s
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.