TAX Innovation Reporting & Strategy Intern - Summer 2021Intern90250WD
Job Family Group
Job Summary & Description
A career in our Tax Reporting and Strategy practice, within Innovation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients’ tax departments redesign, redefine, and redeploy tax to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. You’ll focus on assisting clients incorporate increased automation in the tax reporting process, increase analytic capabilities through data integration, and create solid internal controls that will enable the Tax function to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making. Our team helps our clients expand the tax role to include research, analytics, and technologies to improve how their organisation collaborates and performs. You’ll focus on enhancing the tax reporting process by incorporating increased automation, integrating quality data, developing analytic capabilities, and utilising technology to deliver better quality output in less time.
As an Intern/Trainee, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- You’ll be a part of an environment that broadens your functional training, personal and technical skills, and deepens your knowledge of client services. You’ll play an integral role supporting staff as needed for an outstanding variety of work and making contributions to the team on a daily basis.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical expertise and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients’ needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Information Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Management of Technology, Systems Engineering & Accounting, Accounting & Technology, Accounting & Finance, Computer Systems Analysis, Data Processing/Analytics/Science
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Information Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Management of Technology, Systems Engineering & Accounting
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Demonstrates some level of knowledge, and/or proven record of success through course work, to perform in a role providing tax services to our clients as a professional in PwC's core tax practice, with emphasis in the following areas:
- Participating in all phases of tax compliance engagements, including planning, execution and completion;
- Researching tax laws, rules and regulations and analyze their application to specific situations;
- Participating in a wide range of projects & demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative;
- Performing effectively in a team environment;
- Understanding personal and team roles;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members;
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Identifying and addressing client needs;
- Building solid relationships with clients;
- Developing an awareness of firm services;
- Approaching clients in an organized and knowledgeable manner;
- Delivering clear requests for information; and,
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success through course work, in the following areas:
- Providing analyses and reporting on same to various levels; and,
- Working in a collaborative manner, understanding both the individual and team roles.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success as a tax technical professional researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax