Risk Assurance Intern - Fall 2021Intern7312051USEIB
Job Family Group
Job Summary & Description
A career within Process Assurance services, will enable you to assist clients in optimising control activities, organisational strategy, and policies and procedures. You’ll conduct transaction testing, perform readiness assessments, and leverage various technical Information Technology controls (e.g. databases, operating systems, data warehouses, and reporting tools) in order to help our clients achieve optimal operational efficiency.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Our Intern’s role in PwC‘s Risk Assurance services provided to clients is to:
- Support with the development of risk assessments and audit plans;
- Support in the evaluations of internal controls, providing internal and external audit support fieldwork or Sarbanes-Oxley testing;
- Participate in select phases of internal controls and/or internal/external audits, including planning, execution and completion;
- Proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Accounting & Technology, Mathematics
Minimum Years of Experience:
Before starting with PwC full-time, must meet all educational requirements to be eligible for the primary credential license appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours for the CPA license in the state in which your office will be located or the educational requirements to license for the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) license.
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5year program. Client service interns typically join during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Demonstrates some knowledge of, and/or proven record of success through experience or coursework in, the broad range of risks affecting companies and management decision making, complex IT environments and/or all aspects of auditing, including in the following areas:
- Desire to pursue a career in Public Accounting;
- Basic understanding of one or more of the following: application controls, IT general controls, financial reporting concepts and the internal and/or external audit process;
- Experience demonstrating strong problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to interact with various levels of client and firm management in both written and verbal form; and,
- Flexibility and desire to travel, as client assignments require.
Wonder what its really like to be an intern in risk assurance? Hear from PwC people doing it right now! https://youtu.be/CMLWBreZshY
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.