ADV Strategy Consulting & TS Deals Strategy Sr Assoc - Sum/Fall 2020Senior Associate88825WD
Job Family Group
Job Summary & Description
A career in our Strategy and Transaction Services Deals Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage. Mergers and Acquisitions is a fundamental part of how companies seek to win in their markets and we help clients make the right decisions. With us, you’ll get to know a company from the inside out, and combine razor sharp analysis with creative problem solving. Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions go hand in hand, so while we are often assessing companies and markets in the context of a transaction, many of our projects go beyond Mergers & Acquisitions, helping clients develop innovative strategies to deliver revenue and profit growth.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Senior Associates work as a team member within the Advisory practice and team with practitioners and other professionals, from partners and directors to clients, on a daily basis supporting consulting solutions to PwC clients.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Master of Business Administration
Minimum Years of Experience:
3 year(s) of success in a role as an individual contributor in a team-oriented environment
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred Major GPA: 3.3
Job seekers are traditionally in the final academic year of completing their advanced educational requirements.
The selected individual/individuals for the role must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge and skills within the following areas:
- Success in relevant industry or functional experience showing progressive/promotion and academic achievement;
- Developing strategic analyses and client deliverables;
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive teamwork environment;
- Collecting and utilizing relevant business and industry trend information and analyzing this information effectively by applying numerical and strategic analysis techniques;
- Communicating complex material effectively in written and oral formats to various audiences;
- Utilizing the Microsoft suite of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Multi-tasking and balancing time effectively, keeping a rapid pace without sacrificing quality.
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities and/or proven record of success in providing strategic advice to a broad range of investors including the leading private equity houses, major banks, and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including flexibility and desire to travel, as client assignments require.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.