ASR Risk Assurance Intern - Summer 2021Intern90248WD
Job Family Group
Job Summary & Description
A career within Process Assurance services, will enable you to assist clients in optimising control activities, organisational strategy, and policies and procedures. You’ll conduct transaction testing, perform readiness assessments, and leverage various technical Information Technology controls (e.g. databases, operating systems, data warehouses, and reporting tools) in order to help our clients achieve optimal operational efficiency.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Our Intern’s role in PwC‘s Risk Assurance services provided to clients is to:
- Support with the development of risk assessments and audit plans;
- Support in the evaluations of internal controls, providing internal and external audit support fieldwork or Sarbanes-Oxley testing;
- Participate in select phases of internal controls and/or internal/external audits, including planning, execution and completion;
- Proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Accounting & Technology, Mathematics
Minimum Years of Experience:
Before starting at PwC full-time, will be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states.
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5year program. Client service interns typically join during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Demonstrates some knowledge of, and/or proven record of success through experience or coursework in, the broad range of risks affecting companies and management decision making, complex IT environments and/or all aspects of auditing, including in the following areas:
- Desire to pursue a career in Public Accounting;
- Basic understanding of one or more of the following: application controls, IT general controls, financial reporting concepts and the internal and/or external audit process;
- Experience demonstrating strong problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to interact with various levels of client and firm management in both written and verbal form; and,
- Flexibility and desire to travel, as client assignments require.
Wonder what its really like to be an intern in risk assurance? Hear from PwC people doing it right now! https://youtu.be/CMLWBreZshY