Management Consulting Intern - Summer 2021Intern7312020USEIB
Job Family Group
Job Summary & Description
A career in our Management Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage. As a member of our team, you’ll help the world’s most significant organisations, public and private, quickly become more effective. We improve the way they operate; manage costs; better align people, process and technology initiatives; support business growth to maintain or improve competitive edge and complete market and regulatory risk assessment. In doing so, we focus on their agendas and the big issues they need to deal with, both today and in the future.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Management Consulting Interns in the Advisory Practice will play a role by supporting some consulting solutions to PwC clients.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Actuarial Science, Agricultural/Biological Engineering and Bioengineering, Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Automotive Engineering, Banking and Insurance, Banking and Finance, Biomedical Engineering, Business Administration/Management, Business Analytics, Business Application Programming, Business Communications, Business Education, Business Leadership, Business Studies, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Commerce, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Management, Computer Programming, Computer Systems Analysis, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Consumer Studies, Corporate Finance, Cost and Works Accountants, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, e-Business, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Engineering and Business, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Physics, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Health/Engineering, Finance, Finance & Investment Analysis, Finance & Technology, Financial Markets, Financial Mathematics, Forensic Science, Human Resources Management, Humanities, Industrial and Operations Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, Industrial Psychology, Information CyberSecurity & Accounting, Information Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, International Business, International Finance, Liberal Arts, Management, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Management of Technology, Managerial Economics, Marketing, Mathematical Economics, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Operations Management/Research, Organizational Behavior Studies, Organizational Management, Petroleum Engineering, Psychology, Public Health, Public Policy Analysis, Quantitative Finance, Risk Management, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering & Accounting
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
The selected individual(s) for the role must be able to demonstrate some proven knowledge and skills within the following areas:
- An interest in all aspects of Management Consulting, as well as a desire to pursue a career in consulting;
- Abilities as team member; building solid relationships; communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.;
- Research and analysis of technical matters, while utilizing problem-solving skills. This includes the analysis of large and complex data sets, demonstrating an aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, using the standard suite of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to execute related deliverables; and,
- Utilization of effective written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with team members in a professional setting.
Demonstrates flexibility and desire to travel, as client assignments require.