Women's Consulting Exp - Risk Consulting Intern - Summer 2021Intern117710WD
Job Family Group
Job Summary & Description
A career in our Risk Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage. In Risk, you’ll help clients to protect their brand and enhance their commercial performance by capitalising on every business opportunity while minimising risks.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Risk Consulting Interns in the Advisory Practice will play a role by supporting some consulting solutions to PwC clients.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
The WCE program is eligible to students who self-identify as female and 1) are currently enrolled sophomores in a four-year degree program or juniors in a five-year degree program, and 2) are not current or prior PwC interns.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Agricultural/Biological Engineering and Bioengineering, Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Architectural Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Banking and Insurance, Banking and Finance, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Science, Business Administration/Management, Business Analytics, Business Application Programming, Business Communications, Business Education, Business Leadership, Business Studies, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Graphics, Computer Management, Computer Programming, Computer Systems Analysis, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Corporate Finance, Corporate Law and Taxation, Cost and Works Accountants, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, e-Business, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Engineering, Engineering and Business, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Physics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Finance & Investment Analysis, Finance & Technology, Financial Markets, Financial Mathematics, Forensic Science, Health Administration, Hospital Administration, Hospitality, Human Biology, Human Development, Human Resources Management, Industrial and Operations Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, Information Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, International Business, Liberal Arts, Management, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Management of Technology, Managerial Economics, Mathematical Economics, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medicine/Health, Operations Management/Research, Risk Management, Statistics, Supply Chain Management
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
The selected individual(s) for the role must be able to demonstrate some proven knowledge and skills within the following areas:
- An interest in all aspects of Risk Consulting, as well as a desire to pursue a career in consulting;
- Abilities as team member; building solid relationships; communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
- Research and analysis of technical matters, while utilizing problem-solving skills. This includes the analysis of large and complex data sets, demonstrating an aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, using the standard suite of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to execute related deliverables; and,
- Utilization of effective written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with team members in a professional setting.
Demonstrates flexibility and desire to travel, as client assignments require.