International Tax Services JD/LLM Associate - Summer/Fall 2021Associate7312081USEIB
Job Family Group
International Tax Services
Job Summary & Description
A career within International Tax Services will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You’ll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions. Our International Tax Services Generalist - Practice Support team advises PwC on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on the geography and jurisdiction. You’ll be assisting our team with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Play an integral role in providing tax services to our clients as a professional in International Tax Services (ITS) practice tax practice
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Master of Laws
Preferred Fields of Study:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred Cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred Major GPA: 3.3
Client service associate positions are entry-level roles and job seekers have completed or are in the process of completing their final academic year of educational requirements.
Before starting with PwC full-time, will be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area.
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Research tax laws, rules and regulations and analyze their application to specific situations, and in turn, draft memorandums to defend decisions and/or outline solutions to those issues;
- Participate in a wide range of projects and consistently demonstrate creative thinking and individual initiative;
- Work effectively in a team environment by understanding personal and team roles;
- Contribute to a positive working environment by building relationships with team members;
- Seek guidance, clarification and feedback proactively;
- Identify and address client needs, build relationships with clients; and,
- Approach clients in an organized and knowledgeable manner and deliver clear requests for information.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in federal and state tax laws including the following areas:
- Research and analyze tax laws, rules and regulations, pertinent client, industry, and technical matters;
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and utilize problem solving skills; and,
- Interact with various levels of client and firm management through both written and verbal communications.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success as a tax technical professional researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.