IFS Start Career Diversity Intern Summer 2020Intern41270WD
Job Family Group
Interns and Trainees
Job Summary & Description
At certain point of your studies you are making decisions about your future career considering all kinds of information, listening to friends and close people, but there is nothing like your own experience. An internship at PwC not only offers an opportunity to build your skills and confidence, but also to work on client projects that give you insight into who we are and what we do whether for our clients, the economy, or the wider community. Working alongside specialists in your chosen business area, you’ll be a valued member of the team, with graduate level responsibility. You’ll be assigned to client projects to develop your understanding of what we really do and you’ll build networks with your colleagues and peer groups. Whichever business area you choose, we’re sure you’ll find this a worthwhile investment of your time. Be it the clients; the people; the networks; or the social events, you’ll be surprised at the skills you’ll develop and how much you’ll learn. Opportunity is at the heart of a career at PwC and our Internship offers just that.
As an Intern/Trainee, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- You’ll be a part of an environment that broadens your functional training, personal and technical skills, and deepens your knowledge of client services. You’ll play an integral role supporting staff as needed for an outstanding variety of work and making contributions to the team on a daily basis.
PwC’s Start interns support internal firm functions, meaning our “clients” are internal PwC professionals. Start Interns are expected to:
- Support select projects; demonstrate creative thinking and individual initiative while working as a team member; build solid relationships with team members;
- Proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility with task completion and prioritization, communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Additional Educational Requirements:
To be eligible for the Start Internship, students must self-identify as a member of either traditionally underrepresented racial and ethnic minority groups within the professional services industry, a Protected Veteran, and/or an individual with a disability.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Technology, Accounting & Finance, Actuarial Science, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Finance, Finance & Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Management Information Systems, Management of Technology
Additional Educational Preferences:
- Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
- Preferred Major GPA: 3.3
- To be eligible for the Start Internship, students must be in their sophomore or junior year of college, pursuing a Bachelor Degree
For those students interested in pursuing an Assurance or Tax opportunity in the future, a commitment to satisfy all of the minimum requirements for CPA licensure per respective state regulations.
Demonstrates a proven desire to pursue a career in professional services, as well as some proven abilities and record of success in the following areas:
- Leveraging creative problem-solving skills and prioritizing and handling multiple tasks;
- Interacting and communicating with various levels of business professionals, with an attention toward business-related communications and grammar in both written and oral formats; and,
- Exhibiting abilities to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.