Wealth Management Tax Services Associate - Summer/Fall 2021Associate73120102USEIB
Job Family Group
Job Summary & Description
A career in our Wealth Management Tax Services (WMTS) practice, a national practice in our overall PwC tax practice, will provide you an opportunity to work with the largest and most complex financial services organizations in advising them on tax matters in a variety of tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their federal, state and international tax responsibilities, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, dispute resolution and direct client interaction. You'll focus on tax law changes related to tax filing responsibilities, US and international tax reporting, communications with Federal and state taxing authorities and significant interaction with our clients on their tax matters.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The selected individual will work as a team member with Tax WMTS practitioners and other professionals, from partners and directors to clients and third party appraisers, on a daily basis.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred Cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred Major GPA: 3.3
Client service associate positions are entry-level roles and job seekers have completed or are in the process of completing their final academic year of educational requirements.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Understanding the fundamentals and principles related to fiduciary income tax returns and the compliance-related aspects of a Service Level Agreement client service relationship;
- Understanding of, and/or direct experience preparing and maintaining year-round maintenance for, federal and state tax returns and forms for various type of client accounts (ex. 1041, 5227, 1099, 990/PF, 3520, 5498, 1099R)and estimated taxes for trust accounts;
- Understanding of, and/or direct experience delivering, federal and state tax business compliance services, as well as large scale outsourcing solutions;
- Preparing Fiduciary and other tax compliance forms as noted above;
- Preparing and reviewing transactions to be reported on detailed 1099s;
- Responding to client requests for copies of 1099s, K-1s and trust returns / resolve Federal and State government tax inquiries, as well as a high volume of transmittals and tax returns;
- Manually updating gains and losses reports;
- Demonstrating ability to utilize effectively written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with clients and firm staff and/or management in a professional business environment;
- Demonstrating ability to demonstrate problem solving skills, with an emphasis on troubleshooting and devising creative solutions;
- Identifying, researching, and documenting tax issues and offer solutions;
- Organizing, prioritizing and managing multiple tasks and assignments within a professional tax services business environment;
- Demonstrating ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development;
- Demonstrating a willingness to accept new challenges;
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.