Women's Consulting Exp - Cybersecurity & Privacy Intern - Summer 2021Intern90232WD
Job Family Group
Cybersecurity and Privacy
Job Summary & Description
A career within Cybersecurity and Privacy services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients implement an effective cybersecurity programme that protects against threats, propels transformation, and drives growth. As companies pivot toward a digital business model, exponentially more data is generated and shared among organisations, partners and customers. We play an integral role in helping our clients ensure they are protected by developing transformation strategies focused on security, efficiently integrate and manage new or existing technology systems to deliver continuous operational improvements and increase their cybersecurity investment, and detect, respond, and remediate threats.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
The Women's Consulting Experience (WCE) program is eligible to students who self-identify as female and 1) are currently enrolled sophomores in a four-year degree program or juniors in a five-year degree program, and 2) are not current or prior PwC interns.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting & Technology, Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural/Biological Engineering and Bioengineering, Analytics, Architectural Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Biomedical Engineering, Business Administration/Management, Business Analytics, Business Application Programming, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Graphics, Computer Management, Computer Programming, Computer Systems Analysis, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Economics and Finance & Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Engineering and Business, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Physics, Finance, Finance & Technology, Game Design, Geological Engineering, Industrial and Operations Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Information CyberSecurity, Information CyberSecurity & Accounting, Information Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, Internet Technology, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Management of Technology, Materials Science and Engineering, Mathematical Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineering & Management, Quantitative Finance, Risk Management, Software App, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering & Accounting, Web Design, Webmaster and Web Management
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Demonstrates some level of knowledge and ability to gather solution or project requirements through interaction with business and technology leaders in the following areas:
- Analyzing and assessing business and/or technical security and privacy issues;
- Developing and designing people, process and technology solutions that range from common client needs to unique and complex scenarios for individual clients; and,
- Implementing and executing the designed solutions while working to complement and enhance our clients’ ongoing security operations functions.
Demonstrates some ability and interest in solving complex cybersecurity and privacy issues through a mix of technical and business focused capabilities including:
- Developing and sustaining a wide-ranging set of technical and data analysis skills;
- Capturing and communicating business and technical concepts and processes via reports and presentations prepared using firm-issued technology (Microsoft and Google suite of tools);
- Applying knowledge and insights on relevant laws, regulations, and leading practices related to cybersecurity, privacy, and data use to support data governance transformation;
- Building solid relationships;
- Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner to deliver clear requests for information;
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks;
- Understanding personal and team roles;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members;
- Seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; and,
- Communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor proactively.
Demonstrates some level of knowledge of technology, security and/or privacy through class work or internships and applying technical solutions to business issues.
Demonstrated flexibility and desire to travel, as client assignments require.