Risk Assurance Associate - Summer/Fall 2021Associate7312048USEIB
Job Family Group
Job Summary & Description
A career within Process Assurance services, will enable you to assist clients in optimising control activities, organisational strategy, and policies and procedures. You’ll conduct transaction testing, perform readiness assessments, and leverage various technical Information Technology controls (e.g. databases, operating systems, data warehouses, and reporting tools) in order to help our clients achieve optimal operational efficiency.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Our Associate’s role in PwC's Risk Assurance services provided to clients is to:
- Assist with the development of risk assessments and audit plans;
- Assist in the evaluations of internal controls, providing internal and external audit support fieldwork or Sarbanes-Oxley testing;
- Demonstrate teamwork dynamics through working as a team member;
- Identify and address client needs; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Accounting & Technology, Mathematics
Minimum Years of Experience:
Before starting with PwC full-time, must meet all educational requirements to be eligible for the primary credential license appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours for the CPA license in the state in which your office will be located or the educational requirements to license for the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) license.
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred Cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred Major GPA: 3.3
Client service associate positions are entry-level roles and job seekers have completed or are in the process of completing their final academic year of educational requirements.
Demonstrates some knowledge of, and/or proven record of success through experience and/or coursework in, financial accounting, managerial accounting, assurance and systems including, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, in the following areas:
- Have knowledge of, and experience with governance programs and an ability to design, implement, evaluate, and optimize internal control structures designed to mitigate risk exposures;
- Research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters;
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks;
- Interact with various levels of client and firm management in both written and verbal form;
- Possess flexibility and desire to travel, as client assignments require;
- Have a basic understanding of internal controls and the internal and/or external audit process;
- Have a basic understanding of the technical aspects of information systems, as well as an understanding of application controls, IT general controls and financial reporting concepts;
- Possess the ability to prepare memoranda and/or reports that communicate research findings and recommendations concisely and effectively with an orientation toward business communication and grammar; and,
- Be self-motivating and take responsibility for personal growth and development.
What is it like to be an associate in risk assurance? Hear from PwC people doing it right now! https://youtu.be/A15z460y0nw
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.