Women's Consulting Exp - Strategy & Deals Intern - Summer 2021Intern117704WD
Job Family Group
Deals Transaction Services
Job Summary & Description
A career in our Deals Strategy and Operation practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help the team build, develop, manage and run strategic capacity which will undoubtedly benefit both PwC and our clients. As an indispensable part of the team, you will cooperate with other business units to boost strategic capacity in the team and stay close connection with clients to better meet their demands. In short, you are expected to strengthen the bond and establish mutual understanding between PwC and our clients through releasing every team members’ potential abilities and generating remarkable business value for the clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Strategy Consulting or TS Deals Strategy Interns will play a role supporting consulting solutions to clients.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
The WCE program is eligible to students who self-identify as female and 1) are currently enrolled sophomores in a four-year degree program or juniors in a five-year degree program, and 2) are not current or prior PwC interns.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Actuarial Science, Advertising, Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural/Biological Engineering and Bioengineering, American History, American Literature, American Studies, Analytics, Ancient Studies, Applied Mathematics, Automotive Engineering, Banking and Insurance, Banking and Finance, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Science, Business Administration/Management, Business Analytics, Business Application Programming, Business Communications, Business Education, Business Leadership, Business Studies, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Classics, Commerce, Communications Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Management, Computer Programming, Computer Systems Analysis, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Consumer Studies, Corporate Finance, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, e-Business, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Engineering and Business, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Physics, Entrepreneurship, Event/Meeting Management, Finance, Finance & Investment Analysis, Finance & Technology, Financial Advising, Financial Markets, Financial Mathematics, Government, Graphic Design, History, Hospitality, Human Biology, Human Development, Human Resources Management, Humanities, Industrial and Operations Engineering, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, Industrial Relations, Information Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, International Business, International Finance, International Relations, International Studies, Internet Technology, Journalism, Liberal Arts, Logistics Management, Management, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Management of Technology, Managerial Economics, Marketing, Mathematical Economics, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medicine/Health, Microbiology, Operations Management/Research, Organizational Behavior Studies, Organizational Management, Other, Philosophy, Physics, Physiological Psychology, Political Science, Politics, Pre-Law, Pre-Medicine, Project Engineering & Management, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Health, Public Policy Analysis, Quantitative Finance, Social Psychology, Social Science, Sociology, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering & Accounting
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or proven record of success experience or continued coursework in the following areas:
- Success in relevant industry or functional experience showing progressive and academic achievement;
- Developing strategic analyses and client deliverables;
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive teamwork environment;
- Collecting and utilizing relevant business and industry trend information and analyzing this information effectively by applying numerical and strategic analysis techniques;
- Communicating complex material effectively in written and oral formats to various audiences;
- Utilizing the Microsoft suite of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint; and,
- Multi-tasking and balancing time effectively, keeping a rapid pace without sacrificing quality.