Women's Consulting Exp - Technology Consulting Intern - Summer 2021Intern90245WD
Job Family Group
Job Summary & Description
A career in our Technology Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage. As a member of the team, you’ll work with clients to define their vision and plan how to get there. We deliver the technological solutions organisations need to compete and grow and build a lasting legacy of improvement and performance, partnering with best in class technologies and solution sets. In joining, you’ll help our clients understand and evolve the way they align Information Technology with their business strategy, create integrated end to end solutions, and use enterprise applications to solve complex business problems.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
The WCE program is eligible to students who self-identify as female and 1) are currently enrolled sophomores in a four-year degree program or juniors in a five-year degree program, and 2) are not current or prior PwC interns.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Actuarial Science, Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural/Biological Engineering and Bioengineering, Analytics, Anatomy, Animation and Special Effects, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Architectural Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Astrophysics, Automotive Engineering, Banking and Insurance, Banking and Finance, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Science, Biotechnology, Business Administration/Management, Business Analytics, Business Application Programming, Business Leadership, Business Studies, Cell Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Physics, Chemistry, Cinematography and Film/Video Production, Circulation Technology, Civil Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, Commerce, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Graphics, Computer Management, Computer Programming, Computer Systems Analysis, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Consumer Studies, Corporate Finance, Criminology, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Digital Communications and Media/Multimedia, e-Business, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Engineering and Business, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Physics, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Health/Engineering, Finance, Finance & Investment Analysis, Finance & Technology, Financial Markets, Financial Mathematics, Forensic Science, Health Administration, Human Biology, Human Development, Human Resources Management, Industrial and Operations Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, Information CyberSecurity, Information CyberSecurity & Accounting, Information Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, International Business, Liberal Arts, Management, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Management of Technology, Managerial Economics, Mathematical Economics, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Technology, Medicine/Health, Operations Management/Research, Petroleum Engineering, Software App, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering & Accounting
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Demonstrate some proven knowledge and ability within the following areas:
- An interest in all aspects of Technology Consulting, and a desire to pursue a career in consulting;
- Abilities as team member; building solid relationships; communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
- Research and analysis of technical matters, while using problem-solving skills. This potentially includes the analysis of large and complex data sets, demonstrating an aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and using the standard firm-issued suite of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, to execute related deliverables; and
- Write, communicate, facilitate, and present clearly when interacting with team members in a professional setting.
Demonstrates some proven ability to take complex subjects and summarize them for reporting purposes, including, but not limited to, status reporting, proposal summaries, project financial analysis, and project management deliverables. Flexibility and desire to travel, as client assignments require.