International Tax Services JD/LLM Intern - Summer 2021Intern7312083USEIB
Job Family Group
International Tax Services
Job Summary & Description
A career within International Tax Services will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You’ll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions. Our International Tax Services Generalist - Practice Support team advises PwC on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on the geography and jurisdiction. You’ll be assisting our team with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical expertise and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients’ needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Master of Laws
Preferred Fields of Study:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Before starting with PwC full-time, will be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success participating in select phases of the tax consulting and compliance engagements which may include aspects of planning, execution and completion; and demonstrating creative thinking, flexibility and individual initiative.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Understanding personal and team roles;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members;
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; and,
- Prioritizing and completing tasks and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success interacting with various levels of client and firm management through both written and verbal communications.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success as a tax technical professional researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.