ASR Assurance Innovation Intern - Summer 2020Intern93879WD
Job Summary & Description
A career with Innovation Services will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients' redesign, redefine, and redeploy their assurance and/or tax departments to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. You'll focus on assisting clients as they incorporate increased automation, machine learning, data & analytics, Open Source technologies into their processes to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Assurance Innovation is developing capabilities leveraging the latest in Open Source technologies to automate and accelerate our client engagements across PwC. You would focus on incorporating the latest in machine learning, Big Data, NoSQL, cutting edge development languages, and advanced data processing techniques.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Information Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, Computer Engineering, Computer Programming, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Management of Technology, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Application Programming, Computer Systems Analysis, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Demonstrating ability to apply moderately complex mathematical or statistical methodologies;
- Demonstrating ability to problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks;
- Demonstrating experience working with large data sets and deriving insights from data using various BI and data analytics tools;
- Possessing an analytical mind with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Demonstrating verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present technical and non-technical information to various audiences;
- Demonstrating ability to interact with various levels of client and firm management in both written and verbal form; and,
- Demonstrating ability to visualize and communicate analytical results.
- Designing and building analytical procedures; performing unit and system testing to validate the output of the analytic procedures against expected results;
- Generating reporting output of relational databases and SQL - including: NoSQL database models, XML and other database models;
- Understanding development languages, such as Python, Java or equivalent and applying analytical methods to large datasets leveraging one of those languages;
- Utilizing ETL tools and techniques such as Talend to map transformation and flow of data from a source to a target system; and,
- Working with development, data analytics, and programming/scripting, utilizing Python, Java, C++, Scala, SQL, etc.
- Building data pipeline with relational and columnar database engines; and,
- Working with large data sets and derive insights from data using various BI and data analytics tools.
- Utilizing Full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Java, or Scala into projects to include object oriented design, continuous integration and standard development environment tooling such as Jenkins, Git, Jira, Confluence, Splunk, Databases and Representational State Transfer (REST) services, Web application architecture and technologies, and Linux OS; and,
- Conducting pattern matching, regex creation and approaches to decomposing unstructured text, problem solving and learning new tools and technologies quickly and developing test plans, test cases and code automated test scripts which can be integrated with Continuous Integration (CI) processes.