TAX People & Organization Intern - Summer 2021Intern41583WD
Job Family Group
People and Organisation
Job Summary & Description
A career within People and Organisation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations.
As an Intern/Trainee, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- You’ll be a part of an environment that broadens your functional training, personal and technical skills, and deepens your knowledge of client services. You’ll play an integral role supporting staff as needed for an outstanding variety of work and making contributions to the team on a daily basis.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC People & Organization (Tax) provides unparalleled technical expertise and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients’ needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Actuarial Science, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Risk Management, Psychology, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Behavior Studies, Management Information Systems
Additional Educational Requirements:
Other quantitative majors may be considered.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Participate in select phases of HR advisory projects with specific focus on one of our five competencies: Compensation Tax Accounting, Retirement, Health & Welfare, Human Resource Transaction Services (HRTS), and People Analytics. Demonstrate creative thinking, flexibility and individual initiative.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success with identifying and addressing client needs by:
- Contributing to collaborative teamwork, through working effectively as a team member and understanding personal and team roles;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members;
- Seeking guidance, clarification and feedback proactively;
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
- Demonstrating ability to interact with various levels of client and firm management through both written and verbal communications;
- Demonstrating self-motivation and has a desire to take responsibility for personal growth and career development;
- Demonstrating willingness to learn and adapt to current and emerging technologies; and,
- Demonstrating as a tax technical professional, experience researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
Exposure with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
We are transforming the way we deliver human resource solutions. Find out more about what we do in our People & Organization (Tax) group on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax